If you’re seeking love advice or inspiration, this collection of lovely Bible verses on love will remind you of the incredible link that exists between two hearts. We’ve compiled a compilation of popular love scriptures as well as bible quotations about marriage, trust, and relationships to help you enjoy your romantic life. We are instructed to show one another the love that God has shown us.
If you read this Bible quotation about love, which we’ve included below, you’ll see how important it is to love God and others. Allow yourself to be inspired to love one another, your adversaries, and your neighbors, and to trust in God’s love.
Bible Verses About Love
Let us seek God’s benefits by putting Him first. Read these love verses for inspiration and motivation when you need to lean on Him completely. If, on the other hand, your wedding day has passed, these biblical verses on love and marriage are perfect for sending to your spouse in cards, using as social media captions, and even sharing with other couples for encouragement.
- “Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.” – Romans 13:8
- “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.” – 1 John 4:7
- “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.” – Luke 6:27
- “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.” – Song of Solomon 2:16
- “I have found the one whom my soul loves.” – Song of Solomon 3:4
- scriptures on love
- “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” – Colossians 3:14
- “The Command to ‘Love Your Neighbor as Yourself.’” – Leviticus 19:18
- “A friend loves at all times.” – Proverbs 17:17
- “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.” – Romans 12:9
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-5
- “Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:8
- “Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.” – Proverbs 10:12
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- bible quotes about love
- “Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.” – Romans 13:8
- “God has poured out His love into our hearts.” – Romans 5:5
- “I hold you in my heart, for we have shared together God’s blessings.” – Philippians 1:7
Bible Verses About Love and Marriage
Marriage is a union of love, commitment, trust, admiration, faith, and acceptance, among other things. When it comes to love and marriage, the Bible provides plenty of examples to draw on. It contains several love tales of great couples that we must follow and learn from in order to understand how passionately they loved one another and never left their sides. As a Christian, you are aware that God loves us and that He has instructed you to love one another unconditionally even in the most trying of circumstances. Here are some biblical love and marriage quotes that you may use for your wedding, anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or everyday romance.
- “May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 3:12
- “However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” – Ephesians 5:33
- “May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:5
- “Therefore, what God has joined together, let no one separate.” – Mark 10:9
- “Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.” – Ephesians 4:32
- bible verse for wedding
- “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24
- “For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up His life for her.” – Ephesians 5:25
- “In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.” – 1 Peter 3:7
- “An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.” – Proverbs 31:10-11
- “So she became his wife, and he loved her.” – Genesis 24:64
- “Then the Lord God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.’” – Genesis 2:18
Bible Verses About Love and Trust
As Christians, we must believe that God will lead us on our love and life journeys. These Bible verses about love and trust remind us that trusting God is a wonderful thing. However, it is not always simple to put one’s reliance on God. We all experience challenges in our life from time to time. However, we must continue to believe in His method and ask for His guidance. If you need a reminder of God’s wisdom, look at these Bible verses on love and trust.
- “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.” – 1 John 4:18-19
- “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.” – Psalm 143:8
- “Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” – Corinthians 13:6-7
- “Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away.” – Song of Solomon 8:7
- “This is what the Lord requires of you: Do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God.” – Micah 6:8
- “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; Bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.” – Proverbs 3:3-4
- Bible Quotes About Love and Trust
- “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” – Romans 12:10
- “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
Bible Verses About God’s Love
God’s love is unfathomable love. He desires for us to feel this divine love, mercy, and compassion not just from Him but also from others around us. He instructs us on how to love others. It’s not always simple to comprehend God’s, unfailing love. It’s in the details that it manifests itself in a huge way. These Bible passages on God’s love remind us that He is always willing to assist us if we ask.
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
- “By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.” – 1 John 3:16
- “And the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Timothy 1:14
- “But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
- “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” – 1 John 4:8
- “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?” – Romans 8:35
- “And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” – Ephesians 5:2
- “The LORD appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, I have continued my faithfulness to you.” – Jeremiah 31:3
- “We love because He first loved us.” – 1 John 4:19
Bible Verses True Love Between Man and Woman
These marriage bible verses are perfect to recite during the ceremony, use on your invitations, put on signs at the reception, and more if you want to include scripture on your wedding day.
- Proverbs 30:18-19: There are three things that amaze me—no, four things that I don’t understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman.
- Proverbs 3:3-4: Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
- Genesis 2:18–25: Then the LORD God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.’ … So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.
- Ephesians 4:32: Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
- Ephesians 5:25-33: Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church.
- Ruth 1:16-17: Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me.
- 1 John 4:12: No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
- Romans 12:10: Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- Isaiah 54:5: For your Maker is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called.
- 1 Peter 4:8: Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
- Hebrews 10:24-25: And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- Malachi 2:14-15: But you say, ‘Why does he not?’ Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.
Bible Verses About Relationships with Girlfriend Love
When it comes to your beliefs, it’s easy to lose motivation. You can feel encouraged and uplifted by these bible verses on love, marriage, relationships, trust, and God’s unconditional love.
- Genesis 1:27-28: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.
- Corinthians 13:4-5: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
- Song of Solomon 8:7: Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.
- Genesis 2:24: Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
- Ephesians 5:25: For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her.
- 1 Peter 3:7: In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.
- Ecclesiastes 4:12: Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
- Ecclesiastes 4:9: Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
- Romans 13:8: Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
- Ephesians 4:2-3: With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- Song of Solomon 8:6-7: Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.
Bible Verses About Relationships and Dating
To deepen your relationship, go over these motivational and inspirational love poems. These Bible passages can quickly stimulate you when you are faced with a challenging situation.
- 1 Corinthians 13:2: If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
- Song of Solomon 4:9: You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11: Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
- Matthew 19:4-6: “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
- Proverbs 18:22: He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.
- 1 John 4:16: And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
- Psalm 143:8: Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
- Ephesians 5:33: However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
What Does The Bible Say About Love and Relationships
It will assist you in being more reliant on God and asking for His direction. These Bible passages might help you remember your love and purpose in your relationship if you’re looking for God’s love.
- Colossians 3:14: And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
- John 15:12: My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
- Corinthians 13:13: And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- Proverbs 10:12: Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.
- Corinthians 16:14: Do everything in love.
- 1 John 4:8: Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- Luke 6:31: Do to others as you would have them do to you.
- 1 Peter 4:8: Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
- Mark 10:9: Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
- Song of Solomon 2:16: I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.
- Romans 12:9: Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Proverbs 31:10: Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
- Song of Solomon 3:4: I have found the one whom my soul loves.
- Ephesians 5:21: Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
- John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Bible Verses About Love and Strength
These lovely Bible verses about love and marriage can serve as a tender reminder of the link between husband and wife, whether you’re planning your wedding or simply searching for a little direction and inspiration on marriage.
- Jude 1:2: Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.
- Ephesians 4:2: Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
- Proverbs 17:17: A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
- 1 John 4: 7: Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
Bible Verses About Marriage in English
Use these great Bible verses for marriage to express your delight, happiness, and appreciation for your spouse while also leaning on your faith. If you’re wondering what the Bible says about marriage, the verses we’ve gathered below may be a helpful starting point for understanding the discussion of marriage in the Bible.
- “Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Faithfulness springs up from the ground, and righteousness looks down from the sky.” (ESV)
- “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” (NIV)
- “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” (NIV)
- “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” (NIV)
- “‘Haven’t you read,’ he replied, ‘that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.'” (NIV)
- “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.'” (ESV)
- “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor…” (NIV)